ESUMC 150th Anniversary Calendar Events and Activities
Get these dates on your calendars! Don’t miss out – join in to help!
Spotlight on Radio Station Pocono 96.7, “My Little Town” with Gary Cee
Listen to Pastor Kofi and Peggy Strack talk about our church, its ministries and our 150th Anniversary!
- Sunday, Feb. 20, 3 p.m. – Concert featuring the Joyful Noises (barbershop quartet) and The Kings of Queen St. (contemporary)
- Sunday, Feb. 20 – Anniversary “shopping bags” available (donations appreciated)
- Anniversary commemorative history booklets to be printed and distributed to church members at no cost.
- Saturday, March 5, 1-3 p.m. – Ken Brown will lead a Prayer Vigil at the church for the 150th anniversary celebration. Please stop in and pray.
- Sunday, April 3, 3 p.m. – Concert featuring Jonathan Strack and ESUMC musicians
- Saturday, May 14, 1-3 p.m. – Concert featuring Pete Pappalardo and friends (bluegrass music)
- Sunday, May 15, 3 p.m. (after second service) – Chicken BBQ dinner
- Sunday, May 29, 9:30 a.m. (one service) – Guest Speaker: Rev. Sharmune Burgess
- Saturday, June 4, 9-10:30 a.m. – Prayer Vigil at the church. Please stop in and pray.
- Sunday, June 19 (both services) – Guest Speaker Rev. Gary Nicholson
- Saturday, June 25, 3 p.m. – a celebration of Ghana’s music and culture, and food of Ghana and the Caribbean
- Sunday, July 10, 9:30-10:30 a.m. – Church Breakfast between services
- Saturday, July 23, 12-4 p.m. – Community “Open House”
- Sunday, July 24 (both services) – Guest Speaker Rev. Jim Todd
- Sunday, Aug. 14, 3 p.m. – Concert featuring “The Faussettes” (gospel music)
- Sunday, Aug. 28 (both services) – Guest Speaker Rev. Candy LaBar
- Saturday, Sept. 24, 12-3 p.m. – Books, Bears and Prayers Event focusing on children’s ministry outreach
- Sunday, Sept. 25 (both services) – Guest Speaker: Rev. Scott Kuhnle
- Saturday, Oct. 1, 12-5 p.m. – Table at “Pickle Me Poconos” on Crystal Street, East Stroudsburg
- Sunday, Oct. 2, 3 p.m. – Classical Recital Concert featuring Amy Biga, soprano; Aaron Piancone, violin; Peter Poliakine, piano
- Sunday, Oct. 16 (both services) – Guest Speaker: Rev. Dr. Edward Kimes
- Sunday, Nov. 6, 9:30 a.m. (one service) – “Celebration Sunday” service followed by congregational dinner
The second publication (supplement) of the 150th Anniversary Booklet will be distributed to church members at the conclusion of the celebration.3